You Made a Difference!
Your calls and emails to Senator Manchin made an impact!
The U.S. Senate voted last week on the Budget Resolution, which provides the framework for a $3.5 trillion Budget Reconciliation Spending bill that could make a historic investment in people, families, and communities. It was a close vote, but Senator Manchin stood up and voted yes for West Virginia working families.
But the fight is not over. Congress will be debating this Spending bill over the next couple months. Even now negotiations between Democrats and Republicans are under way.
Here is what is at stake:
- A reduction in premiums for families buying health insurance at healthcare.gov
- Medicare prescription drug price negotiation to help lower drug costs for Medicare enrollees and ALL Americans
- Expanded coverage for the uninsured
- Paid family and medical leave
- A multi-year continuation of the Child Tax Credit
- Tuition-free community college
- Universal pre-K and expanded childcare assistance
- Vital nutrition and housing investments
- Clean energy initiatives
We know we keep asking. But please, take a minute to call Senator Manchin to thank him for his vote last week and to tell him to keep standing up for working West Virginia families.
Here are links to the full Budget Resolution
We can afford these essential investments if the rich and corporations finally pay their fair share in taxes. The Budget Resolution states specifically that no one who makes less than $400,000 will see a tax increase.
KEEP SENATOR MANCHIN STANDING UP FOR US
Your voice did and can continue to make a difference!
Do you like this page?