ACA Training Materials
In May, June and July 2011, West Virginias for Affordable Health Care scheduled a series of training sessions around the state on the details of the national reform measure adopted by Congress and signed into law in March 2010. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is the most significant piece of health care reform legislation passed since Medicare and Medicaid were adopted in 1965.
This page contains links to materials that WVAHC used in these training sessions. Our goal was to train 200 community volunteers who would in turn educate 50 of their colleagues, friends and neighbors. This would educate 10,000 West Virginians on the Affordable Care Act.
If you would like to schedule a training session in your community, please contact Perry Bryant at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to participate in of one of these trainings, or if you want to spread the word about what is actually in the Affordable Care Act, feel free to reproduce any of the materials below.
- The Kaiser Family Foundation’s cartoon, Health Reform Meets Main Street, is on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Ilc5xK2_E
- The WVAHC DVD, Faces of Reform in West Virginia, is also on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkA4RqkDtOE
- A discussion guide that accompanies the WVAHC DVD is here: The Affordable Care Act: Moving Forward in West Virginia / A Brief Guide to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 (PDF)
- A 32-page booklet on the Affordable Care Act is here: The Affordable Care Act: Moving Forward in West Virginia (PDF)
- A presentation made at one of our training sessions is here: The Affordable Care Act Workshop for Community Volunteers (PDF) (Download PowerPoint version)
- A sample agenda for doing an short educational program on the Affordable Care Act is here: Sample Agenda for Educational Meetings (PDF)
- A presentation for doing a short educational program on the Affordable Care Act is here: An Overview of the Affordable Care Act (PDF) (Download PowerPoint version)
- Biographical information on the presenters at the training sessions is here: Presenter and Staff Bios (PDF)